The Daily Mail of 11th March 1920 reported “…A branch of the London Bank has been opened at Dayboro. There are now two private banks doing business in this centre, a branch of the E.S. and A. having opened about 5 years ago…” The London Bank of Australia Limited occupied the former Vellnagell’s Store building.
The English, Scottish and Australian Bank and the London Bank of Australia Limited amalgamated with the E.S. and A. Bank taking over all the Queensland branches of the London Bank as from 1st January 1921. The branches were at Charters Towers, Roma Street (Brisbane), Toowoomba and Dayboro.
The premises were then occupied by several auctioneers, the first being Wilcox Bros. who were in business until late 1924 when they moved to Brisbane. The premises are presently occupied by three businesses, Big Country Electrical, Shaneta Fashion Boutique and Belle Real Estate.