- General View of Dayboro, with Railway Station, Sawmill, and Butter Factory in the distance. It is also possible to recognise a number of other buildings in the photograph which helps to define the timeline of the buildings in the town.
- Terror’s Creek and Samson Vale Co-operative Dairy Company’s Factory. This building was opened on 14th December 1903 and was destroyed by fire on 15th May 1929.
- State School and Teacher’s Residence, Dayboro. The photograph shows the rear view of the new school building that was opened on “Heathwood’s Hill” on 25th June 1920. The teacher’s residence and play shed were shifted from the previous school site. By 1922 attendance had increased from 60 to 109 and a new wing with 8’ verandahs on two sides was completed in 1924. These original 1920s buildings still form part of the school complex although the residence and play shed have gone.
THE FARMER’S GAZETTE
Published by admin On May 11, 2017
Categories: Historical Society