The Terror’s Creek QATBH (Queensland Ambulance Transport Brigade Hospital) Sub-centre opened in June 1916 with Senior Bearer Arthur John Tyson, formerly from Canungra, occupying a rented cottage which was used both as his residence and the QATBH Sub-centre. A local Advisory Committee helped to administer the Sub-centre’s affairs. The equipment consisted of a horse, sulky and a rubber-tyred litter. A stretcher was made to fit on the sulky, enabling a patient to be transported to meet up with an ambulance car summoned from Brisbane.
In June 1917 the Advisory Committee began looking for suitable land on which to build a centre and residence however land was not acquired until June 1921 (now known as 58 McKenzie Street).
Approval was given in December 1921 for Dayboro Sub-Centre to become a Branch Centre meaning Dayboro became a self-governing centre, taking responsibility for its own finances.