The Terrors Creek branch of the English Scottish and Australian (E.S. & A) Bank Limited was established in 1912 in the building that had been originally built as Riek Bros. store (now 28 Williams Street) about 1900. The building was extended to include a Bank Manager’s residence.
A branch of The London Bank of Australia Limited was opened in the Vellnagel’s store building (now 3 McKenzie Street) about 1920. On 21st May 1921 the English Scottish and Australian Bank Limited and The London Bank of Australia Limited merged and, as these were the two banks in Dayboro, the bank in the Vellnagel’s store building closed. By 1936, the E.S. & A. Bank building had been extended twice more.
On 1st October 1970 the E.S. & A. Bank and the A.N.Z. Bank merged to form the ANZ Banking Group Limited with the Dayboro branch finally closing for business in July 1997.