The Queenslander of 22nd October 1904 reported “…The settlement at Terror’s Creek is becoming quite a busy township. In addition to the butter factory, sawmill, hotel and blacksmith’s shop, there are two shoemakers and two saddlers shops, besides several general stores…”
The reporter may have used a little poetic licence when writing the above article. The sawmill is on the right. The creamery and Silverwood Butter Factory are on the left. Riek Bros. store and Chris Riek’s house are in the middle. Above those buildings is the Crown Hotel with it’s attached store which was also the unofficial post office. James Farrell was the publican. To the right of the hotel on the lower side of the road is Skerman’s blacksmith shop. Charles Adsett’s blacksmith shop cannot be seen but it was on the corner where Craig Doyle’s Real Estate is now located. We have not been able to find any mention of shoemakers and saddlers in Post Office Directories or other newspaper articles. Silverwood Store was not built until 1906.