A house and general store were built for Robert (Bob) Vellnagel by his brother-in-law, Fred Hacker, and in mid-1912, the family moved from Laceys Creek where they had been farming. By 1919 they had relocated to Jandowae and Bob was again a farmer.
A branch of the London Bank of Australia Limited occupied the store premises in 1920/21 until the London Bank merged with the E.S. & A. Bank Limited. Subsequently Wilcox Bros. Auctioneers, believed to have conducted a secondary business selling Massey Harris bicycles, traded from this shop front. There were also other tenants. The property was subdivided and acquired by the Silverwood Dairy Factory Limited. The shop was divided into three.
Fred Heideman carried on a drapery business in the largest section, which was taken over by his son-in-law Jim Barnes who had the business for many years. There are still three businesses being conducted in the original store building.