The rail motor car service on the Dayboro line commenced on 26th July 1931, initially leaving Dayboro at 7.10am daily except Sundays. It left Brisbane at 10.16am Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays; 4.00pm Tuesdays and Fridays; and 1.30pm Saturdays. A large shed was built to house the rail motor.
The Queensland Times of 9th September 1939 reported “…Rail Motor Destroyed…September 8…A rail-motor with a trailer attached which had been left standing in a shed near the Dayboro railway station was destroyed by fire at 11 o’clock tonight. Detectives from Brisbane have been sent to assist the local police in their investigations. Police so far do not think that there is anything suspicious. The rail-motor left Brisbane at 4.16pm and was due at Dayboro at 6.35. The crew stays in Dayboro overnight and the rail-motor returns to Brisbane next morning. A hastily formed bucket brigade failed to put out the fire which had a good hold when discovered.”