The Dayboro Times and Moreton Mail of 27th January 1951 reported on the Pine Shire Council’s December 1950 meeting “…CHAIRMAN’S REPORT…Laceys Creek Main Road…Division No. Three Members, Shire Clerk, Engineer and myself met a number of rate payers of the Laceys Creek area and after discussion the residents approved of the suggestion to do away with the proposed building of high level bridges and substituting low level concrete causeways…The residents fully realise that in flood time they will be unable to cross the causeways but not one of the residents raised any objection to this as it was realised that the traffic will not be held up for a lengthy period…”
Weston’s Crossing was completed in December 1952. Work then began on the driving of piles at Wirth’s Crossing. A flying fox was erected at Wirth’s Crossing so milk cans could be transported across the flooded creek.