Back Row: David Krause, Neville Stewart (Cte), Dr. David Brand (Cte), Frank Gurney (Former Superintendent Nov 1959-Mar 1968), Jim Powell, Bill Spedding, Kelly Lansdown (Cte), Peter Hermus
Front Row: David Kelly, Bob Greensill (Cte), Cr. Rob Akers (PRSC Chairman), Roy Weston (Hon. Bearer), Henry Weeks (Former Superintendent Jan 1975-Oct 1977) , Gordon Krause (Superintendent), Verne Barnett (Cte Chairman), Gary Sellin (Cte), Roy Kanowski (Cte)
In 1980 the Dayboro Ambulance Committee began looking for land on which to build a new centre as the old one was too small. In 1981 a block of land adjacent to the Dayboro Cemetery was purchased from George Young (now 140 McKenzie Street). It was not until 1987 that tenders were called for the erection of a new centre and residence. W.H. Stokes & Sons were the successful tenderers. Building commenced on 29 June 1987 and was completed by December that year.
The new Centre was officially opened on 27 February 1988 by the Shire Chairman, Cr. Rob Akers, who had been the architect supervising the project.
The Ladies Auxiliary worked hard raising a substantial amount of money enabling the new centre to be opened free of debt. In order to keep costs to a minimum, Committee members and other volunteers also helped at various stages throughout the project.