The first Laceys Creek Hall was built sometime near the turn of the 20th century, possibly as early as 1898. The newer and larger hall was officially opened on 5th June 1925 and became the centre of the community with dances, church services, school picnics, weddings, parties etc. If there was a function in the hall, there was no need to issue invitations, everybody just turned up.
The Brisbane Courier of 15th June 1925 reported
“New Hall:- The residents of the Lacey’s Creek district have built a large new hall. An energetic committee, consisting of Messrs. G. Enchelmaier (chairman), C. Fishley (secretary), G. Kenman, C. Mercer, A. Lechner, Weston and Habernon, assisted by the ladies of the district, has worked hard to raise funds. The hall which is 50ft. by 24ft., was built by Messrs. A. Wirth and C. Mercer. It was formally opened on June 5 by Mr. R.J. Warren, M.L.A., in the presence of a large crowd. The hall was decorated with palms, balloons, and coloured streamers… A tennis court has been laid down in the grounds…”