The Brisbane Courier of 13th September 1900 reported “…The saw-mill at Terror’s Creek has again changed hands, Mr. Storie having sold out to Messrs. Hancock Brothers…” A correction was published in the Brisbane Courier the following day “…Mr. J. Hancock desires to intimate that the saw-mills in question have been acquired by the firm J. Hancock and Sons, and not Messrs. Hancock Bros., as stated.”
On 12th September 1902 the sawmill property was transferred to John Tyacke, an employee at another mill owned by Hancock’s. John Tyacke died on 6th May 1904. Sam Heathwood Snr. moved from Rush Creek to manage the sawmill. On 4th July 1906 the sawmill property was transferred to Sam Heathwood Snr. and his son John. Mrs. Esther Tyacke retained ownership of the three workers cottages.
Although bullock teams were mostly used for hauling timber in the district, horse teams were also used, especially from the winder at Upper Laceys Creek.