There was not much of a problem with traffic on Hay Road in the early 1950s when this photograph was taken from what is now 13 Hay Road. The road was not even sealed at that stage. Around this time one of the farmers from Rush Creek used to still bring his milk into the Dayboro Butter Factory in a horse and cart but there would not be enough room in this one for any cans of milk.
The hill on the other side of the road was all part of Bill Cruice’s dairy farm which was later run by his sons Jim and Jack after Bill’s death in 1958.
This is the site of present-day Alcheringa Estate which takes in Saddleback Drive and all its side streets.