About 1900 Wilhelm and Christoph, sons of local selector Christoph Carl Riek employed Hans Rohlf and his sons to build them a store. Bill and Chris as they were known operated Riek Bros. Store with the assistance of their sister Annie until the business was sold to the Silverwood Dairy Factory Company Limited in 1907. A house had also been built for Chris Riek.
In 1912 a branch of the English, Scottish & Australian Bank Ltd. (E.S.& A.) was opened in the original store building which was soon extended by attaching a Manager’s residence. Modifications were carried out over the years with the final renovation occurring in 1936 when the building was extended to abut the footpath. The E.S. & A. Bank Limited merged with the ANZ Banking Group and the branch became an ANZ Bank until it closed in August 1997.
The building was purchased by the Pine Rivers Shire Council (now Moreton Bay Regional Council) on 30th January 1998 and a branch of the Electricity Credit Union was opened, originally in conjunction with a Pine Rivers Shire Council Branch Office.