E.S. & A. Bank Ltd c. 1912

E.S. & A. Bank Ltd c. 1912

E.S. & A. Bank Ltd c. 1912

The building was originally Riek Bros. Store built abt.1900. The adjacent house was built shortly after for Chris Riek, one of the brothers. The store building can be seen quite clearly in 1901 photographs of Terrors Creek. About 1906 the Silverwood Dairy Factory Company Limited opened its own store adjacent to the butter factory. Shortly after opening that store they bought Riek Bros. store.
The Terrors Creek branch of the English, Scottish & Australian Bank Ltd. opened in 1912. Over the years the building had three extensions, the last one being in 1936 when the building was extended to abut the footpath. On 1st October 1970 the E.S. & A. Bank and the A.N.Z. Bank merged to form the ANZ Banking Group Limited with the Dayboro branch finally closing for business in July 1997.
A combined Electricity Credit Union and Pine Rivers Shire Council Branch office opened on 24th May 1998. On 1st April 2017 ECU Australia merged with Queensland Country Credit Union who closed the branch on 8th June 2018.