There were two motor garages in Dayboro, one on the site now occupied by Puma Service Station and the other on the parking area beside the Dayboro Butchery. This was the first garage which was operated by Norman Godfrey Robinson Clay from 1923 until 1936.
Walter George (Wally) O’Hara purchased the business in June 1937. The premises were owned by Frederick Edward (Ted) Long. Wally O’Hara bought the garage building and Ted Long’s house in Bradley Street when Ted Long left Dayboro in 1944. He owned Dayboro’s first Holden car and ran a very successful Holden dealership. Wally O’Hara sold the garage premises to Eric Leon Fry in June 1950. The premises were transferred to F.F.A. (Fred) Kelly, his son K.A. (Keith) Kelly and son-in-law L.A. (Les) Fealy on 8th February 1954. The garage closed about 1964.