The Queenslander of 7th August 1920 reported “WORKS DEPARTMENT EXPENDITURE: The following expenditure on public works has been approved: Removal of a teacher’s residence to new site, with improvements thereto, State school, Dayboro, £408…” The play shed was also moved from the old school site.
It is believed this photograph, which was in very poor condition when scanned, was taken about the mid-1930s. There are children in the photograph but it is difficult to see them. The Headmaster’s residence is on the left. The original school building which was opened on 25th June 1920 is in the middle with the addition opened in September 1924 on its right and the play shed further on the right.
In 1989 the headmaster’s residence was moved to an Education Department historical complex at Pullenvale.