In 1953 the Dayboro Sawmill was owned by May Stephens and Mick Simpson who had taken it over in the early 1940s. The Sawmill had been moved from its original site to a site closer to the Dayboro Railway Station where it had its own siding so the sawn timber could be loaded onto the railway wagons. This property was transferred from the Railways Department to Stephens and Simpson on 1st January 1948. The Sawmill closed in the mid-1950s following the closure of the Dayboro Railway on 1st July 1955.
In 1964 Mick Simpson built another sawmill on the site. This site in Mt Mee Road is now occupied by the Old Mill Animal Hospital.