On 25th September 1920, the final section of the Enoggera- Dayboro Railway was officially opened by Mr. W. Bertram, Speaker of the Legislative Assembly, in the presence of over 1000 people.
It had been a long time coming. A public meeting of the settlers at Hamilton (later known as Terrors Creek then Dayboro) was held on 23 September 1882 to discuss several proposed routes for a railway. Construction of the line was finally authorised in 1914 for completion in four sections – one from Enoggera to Samford, another from Samford to Samsonvale, another from Samsonvale to Kobble, and the last from Kobble to Dayboro.
To accommodate the big crowd of visitors who wanted to attend the opening, two special trains were run. A huge cheer went up as the florally decorated engine drove through the ribbon held by Mr. C.T. Williams and Mr. J. Bond, two of the oldest residents. A sumptuous luncheon was provided for about 500 in a huge improvised marquee near the station.