When the Terrors Creek Queensland Ambulance Transport Brigade (QATB) Sub-Centre opened in June 1916 the equipment consisted of a horse, sulky and a rubber-tyred litter. A stretcher was made to fit on the sulky, enabling a patient to be transported to meet up with an ambulance car summoned from Brisbane, or the patient was transported to the railway station at Petrie.
On 28 September 1918 a new Ford motor car, with collapsible stretcher, arrived. Senior Bearer Christopher Norbury Herbert (Herb) Brewster was the Officer in Charge of the Dayboro QATB Sub-Centre at the time.
During October 1918 Dayboro QATB attended 34 cases and travelled 390 miles.