The Uniting Church Dayboro (originally Terrors Creek Presbyterian Church) was officially opened on 21st October 1900, 120 years ago. It was built on land donated by William Nugent to the west of the cemetery. The builder was John Bond.
The Brisbane Courier of 31st July 1900 reported “…and the new Presbyterian Church, which is being built in the settlement, will add one more attractive structure to what will eventually become a busy township.” Pastor Danny Nugent is a great-grandson of William Nugent.
The church was moved to its present site in Williams Street in 1924. The Brisbane Courier of 25th March 1924 reported “…The Presbyterian Church, which was situated over a mile out of the town, has now been moved into the township. The work of moving was done by Fogg Bros., of Mount Samson.” The church was re-opened on 7th July 1924 by Rev. James Walker as Interim Moderator of the Upper North Pine Presbyterian Charge.
The church can be seen on its new site in the Dayboro Queen Carnival photograph taken on 3rd June 1924. The building in the foreground was Charlie Thorpe’s store. That building was destroyed by fire in 2011.