This photograph of Dayboro, taken between early 1930 and February 1933 from the verandah of 4 Hay Road, was only received by Dayboro District Historical Society on 1st June 2020.
The community cattle dip is in the foreground and the Mt Mee Road had not been constructed. The Telegraph of 19th January 1933 reported “…Work on the last section of the main road from Dayboro to Mt. Mee is now well in progress and it is thought that within a month or six weeks time this section will be ready for traffic…” The Brisbane Courier of 8th February 1933 reported “…The Northern Highway has been gazetted from Brisbane to Gympie, and its continuous construction carried out to a point at the north end of Mt. Mee, about 45 miles from the city…As “gazetted” the highway extended from Brisbane via Petrie and Dayboro, over Mt. Mee, through Woodford and Peachester, to Beerwah and Landsborough…from near Dayboro to the northern end of Mt. Mee, it was a first-class gravelled or metal road…”
St Aidan’s Church of England can be seen on its new site on the hill on the top side of McKenzie Street below the original Dayboro Ambulance Centre and residence and the Dayboro State School buildings. The new church was opened on 6th April 1930. The original church, built in 1911, was further up McKenzie Street beside the Masonic Lodge building which can be seen (opposite where Dayboro UQ Veterinary Surgery is today). That church was destroyed in a storm on 18th November 1929. St Francis Xavier Catholic Church is top right. There is only one house in Roderick Street and one in Delaney Road (top left) which became the Dayboro Private Hospital between 1932 and 1939.