Back Row: Rose Rosspigaroff, Laurie Easlea, Anne Stubbings, Maud McArthur, Evelyn Anderson, Maud Anderson, Kitty Rohlf
Second Row: Maggie Kuhn, Mrs. Currie, Agnes Kelly, Emma Kenman, Mary Hall
Front Row: Janey Chambers, Jean Chambers, Mrs. Youlton, Chris Henzell (foundation president), Bernie Young, Nell Cruice, Rita Reilly
The Dayboro & District Bowling Club was formed in February 1945. The first game of bowls was played on the new green on 8th June 1946 and the Club was officially opened on 21st December 1946.
The Dayboro Ladies Bowling Club was formed in 1947. The Telegraph of 18th November 1947 reported that registration of women’s bowls clubs had increased so much in recent times that Q.L.B.A. affiliations were approaching 90 “…Longreach, Dayboro, Caloundra and Corinda are the latest clubs to be accepted.”