A meeting was held on 15th March 1945 to form a bowls club in Dayboro and a committee elected. The first official meeting of the Dayboro & District Bowling Club was held on 22nd March 1945 with John Kelly President, Win Henzell and Rody Cruice Secretaries and George Currie Treasurer. Property on which to construct a bowling green was leased from J.J. Kelly for a term of 21 years with a right of renewal for a further 21 years or outright purchase. Syd Barker was employed to build the green.
In March 1946 an offer of £100 was made to purchase a 40 x 20 foot Army building for a clubhouse. It was proposed to partition this into two small dressing rooms, a central tea room and a bar room and to erect it on the south side of the green.
The first game on the green was held on Sunday 9th June 1946 although the Club was not officially opened until 21st December 1946.