Dayboro between 1968 & 1971

Dayboro between 1968 & 1971

Dayboro between 1968 & 1971

This photograph was taken from Roderick Street looking across Cruice and McKenzie Streets towards the Dayboro Memorial Showgrounds where a Show is being held.
The CWA Rooms were still on their original site in Delaney Road, now occupied by the Dayboro Dental Centre. The CWA Rooms were moved up the hill beside the Masonic Hall in August/September 1977 and officially re-opened on 24th September 1977. That was the second move for that building as it was originally one of the worker’s cottages at the Mt. Pleasant Banana Settlement and was moved into Dayboro in 1939.
A shed had been built on the block on the corner of Cruice Street and Delaney Road where Gary Enchelmaier’s house was later built.