Coronation Masonic Lodge

Coronation Masonic Lodge No. 141 U.G.L.Q Dayboro Installation Banquet in Dayboro Public Hall 1954

Coronation Masonic Lodge No. 141 U.G.L.Q Dayboro
Installation Banquet in Dayboro Public Hall 1954

On 26th April 1902 seven men met in the Orange Hall for the purpose of forming a local Masonic Lodge. Monthly meetings were held and with all the formalities completed the Lodge came into existence on 25th October 1902. The Lodge acquired a block of land in McKenzie Street opposite the present-day Dayboro Veterinary Surgery and the first Masonic Hall was erected in 1911. In 1946 land was purchased on the corner of Delaney Road and Cruice Street and a building fund established for the erection of a new temple. Permission was given to move the original temple building on to the new site. The building was demolished and farm trucks took loads of lumber and roofing iron to the new site. The new lodge room was consecrated on 25th October 1952, the Lodge’s 50th anniversary, with 33 members and 161 visitors present. Wor. Bro. Harold Dowling was installed as Master. All retired to the Dayboro Public Hall for the Installation banquet.
This photograph is of the 1954 Installation banquet when Wor. Bro. Harold Wagner was installed as Master. Some of the seating in the Dayboro Public Hall is interesting to say the least.