A newspaper of 25th June 1887 records “Mr. Berry would give an allotment rent free to any person who wished to start a saddlery or a blacksmith and wheelwright”. Charles Adsett was the first blacksmith, appearing in the 1893 Post Office Directory. A 1 acre block was transferred into his name in 1898 when James Berry subdivided Portion 1.
Skerman Bros. opened their business about 1901 and when one of the brothers left about 1903, it became F.J. Skerman Coach Builder & General Smith. Ferdinand Schmidt had a blacksmiths next to the Laceys Creek creamery and later purchased the Terrors Creek business which became known as F. Schmidt & Sons Coachbuilders and Wheelwrights. Frank Hart worked for Schmidt and then opened his own Blacksmiths in what is now Bradley Street.
Micky McKenzie was the last blacksmith in Dayboro.