The Brisbane Courier or 19th January 1899 reported “…At an adjourned meeting of the Central Licensing Court yesterday… the application of Hugh Strain, of Lacey’s Creek, Upper North Pine, for the grant of a wine license, again came on for hearing. The case was adjourned from the last sittings… Read more »
Dayboro has certainly grown since this photograph was taken 40 years ago. Houses 1 & 3 Hay Road are in the foreground with a clear view across Terrors Creek and up Williams Street. Delaney Road can also be seen quite clearly going straight up the hill crossed by Cruice and Roderick Streets.
This photograph was published in the Silverwood Gazette of 20th March 1909. “Within easy reach of the North Pine Railway Station, with which it is connected by daily coach, Terror’s Creek is one of the most prosperous dairying centres in the North Coast district. The factory of the Silverwood Company…serves not only… Read more »
Dayboro Community Hall is constructed on 2 levels. The lower level was the original section. The first Orange Hall, constructed near the corner of LaceysCreek and Mt. Pleasant Roads in the 1870s, had outlived its usefulness and a new Orange Hall was constructed in the township. It was officially opened on… Read more »
Dayboro Community Catering ceased to exist on 31st December 2008, ten years ago. It was a voluntary organisation officially formed in 1996 to raise funds for local community organisations by way of catering. It was run by a small committee who did the client contact, menu planning, ordering etc. and member… Read more »