In June 1929 the Pine Shire Council decided to borrow £3000 ($6000) to build three new pile bridges at Upper North Pine – Armstrong Creek, Laceys Creek and Rush Creek. The Treasury Department approved the grant in August 1930, tenders were called and work started in September 1930.
The Brisbane Courier of 14th January 1931 reported “…It is expected the bridge over the Pine River at Armstrong Creek will be completed within a fortnight’s time. The decking has been completed on portion of the bridge at Laceys Creek and the approaches have also been commenced, so this bridge should not be long before it is also ready for traffic. The Rush Creek bridge is not so far advanced…”
The huge flood on 6th February 1931 badly damaged the approaches to the new bridges at Armstrong Creek and Laceys Creek. The Rush Creek bridge was washed away. The Armstrong Creek and Laceys Creek bridges were completed on 13th March 1931.