Williams Street between 1920 and 26th May 1924

There is only one building in this photograph that is still in existence today and that is “Dayboro Cottage” 27 Williams Street where Dayboro District Historical Society Inc. runs the Dayboro Information Centre. It is the small cottage, 3rd building on the right. The reason for dating the photograph between… Read more »

Aftermath of a cyclonic storm c. 1953/54

With the rain and wind that we have been having over the past few days it seemed opportune to check back on some of the storms over the years. This photograph was taken after a cyclonic storm badly damaged Bill Cruice’s farmhouse in Hay Road in January or February of… Read more »

Opening of new Dayboro Ambulance Centre – 27th February 1988

Back Row: David Krause, Neville Stewart (Cte), Dr. David Brand (Cte), Frank Gurney (Former Superintendent Nov 1959-Mar 1968), Jim Powell, Bill Spedding, Kelly Lansdown (Cte), Peter Hermus Front Row: David Kelly, Bob Greensill (Cte), Cr. Rob Akers (PRSC Chairman), Roy Weston (Hon. Bearer), Henry Weeks (Former Superintendent Jan 1975-Oct 1977)… Read more »

Robert & Sophie Vellnagel’s Residence

A house and adjacent store were built for Robert (Bob) Vellnagel by his brother-in-law Fred Hacker and in mid-1912 the family moved from Laceys Creek where they had been farming and took up residence in the town with older members of the family assisting Bob in the running of his… Read more »

Bill Battershill’s last horse-drawn coach – c. February 1919

  On 3 September 1902 the Crown Hotel licence was transferred to James Farrell and he also became postmaster.  At this time the mail was still being delivered to Terrors Creek on horseback.  The Brisbane Courier of 7 October 1902 recorded “…Mr. James Farrell…has recently taken over the Crown Hotel,Terror’s… Read more »