On 3 September 1902 the Crown Hotel licence was transferred to James Farrell and he also became postmaster. At this time the mail was still being delivered to Terrors Creek on horseback. The Brisbane Courier of 7 October 1902 recorded “…Mr. James Farrell…has recently taken over the Crown Hotel,Terror’s Creek…and has already made a start to push the district ahead by running a coach (called the Royal Mail) from Terror’s Creek to the North Pine Railway Station three times a week. He has secured an extra mail per week, which now makes three instead of two. This coach service will supply a long felt want, as previously there was no direct means of reaching the Upper North Pine…” By 1907 William Henry Battershill had the contract.
The Brisbane Courier of 19 February 1919 recorded “…Mr. H. Hamilton has taken over the mail and passenger contract between Dayboro and Petrie, up until recently carried on by Mr. W.H. Battershill with a horse coach, and is now making the complete trip twice daily by a motor coach. A motor coach capable of carrying upwards of 20 passengers has been secured and will be running from Saturday next.”