On 8th April 1972 the ANZ Bank held a festival at the Showgrounds to celebrate 60 years of banking in Dayboro. Funds raised were donated to the Dayboro Ambulance as its Jubilee celebrations, which were to be held in November 1971, were cancelled because of rain.
The building now known as Dayboro Café is clearly visible in the parade photos with its Shell petrol bowser on the footpath. The café was built in 1937 for Mrs. Wilhelmina Heathwood. The Dayboro Times and Moreton Mail of 3rd April 1937 reported that Mrs. Heathwood had moved into her new premises in Williams Street. She named her café the Bluebird Café. It has always been a café undergoing quite a number of name changes over the years. At the time of the parade it was owned by George and Violet Tulloch who had the café for 11 years from September 1964 to 1975.