The Brisbane Courier of 28th June 1927 reported “…At the invitation of a number of ladies in the Dayboro district, Mrs. J.P. Peterson (president of the metropolitan branch) attended a meeting arranged to form a branch of the association…Officers were elected…
President, Mrs. Henzell
Vice-Presidents, Mesdames Rudd, Weston and Strain
Hon. Secretary, Mrs. Forbes
Treasurer, Mrs. C. Cruice
Convener of Entertainment Committee, Miss Hay
Committee, Misses Easlea, Wirth and Mrs. Merker
The objective of the Branch was to open a room in Dayboro as a rest room and library.
The Branch held its first public function, a euchre party and dance, on 23rd September 1927, raising nearly £12 ($24).
In 1938 the ladies acquired a cottage from the defunct Mt Pleasant Banana settlement and had it rebuilt in Dayboro. The Dayboro QCWA Rest Rooms were opened in December 1939.