By 1984, the Dayboro State School complex had grown considerably in size since the opening of the new school on the present-day site on 25th June 1920. The original building measured 31ft x 21ft [approx. 9.5m x 6.4m]. The teacher’s residence, which can be seen to the left of the school buildings, was moved from the original “Hellhole” school site as was the play-shed. By September 1922 the average daily attendance had increased to 109. In 1924 approval was given for the construction a new wing measuring 21ft x 16ft with 8ft verandas on two sides, to accommodate 40 pupils. These original buildings still form part of the school complex.
Another wing was added in the late 1950s and since that time it has continued to grow into the large school complex that it is today.
The cenotaph is visible in this photograph somewhat overshadowed by a rather large tree which may have been the ornamental shrub that was placed in the honour monument enclosure in the school grounds on Arbor Day in June 1921.
The Ambulance Centre and residence are also quite visible to the left of the school driveway.