This aerial photograph of Dayboro was taken during the 1984 Dayboro Show. The earthworks for Michael Cruice’s Tullamore Park Estate had just begun. The curve in Rodeo Drive can be seen in the top right corner.
Dayboro State School had grown quite a bit in size since its humble beginnings on the McKenzie Street site in June 1920. The headmaster’s residence that was moved there at that time from the “Hell Hole” School site some 2km away in Briscoe Road, is still beside the school in this photograph. The tennis court is up behind the school and there is a cricket pitch in the sports area off the Roderick Street cul-de-sac.
There are still vacant blocks of land in McKenzie Street and Roderick Street.