On 25th June 1920 the new Dayboro State School was opened on its present site on “Heathwood’s Hill.” Children from the one-teacher schools in the district then attended Dayboro State School to complete their final year or two of schooling, some of them riding their horses quite a long distance.
This 1921 photograph shows some of those children ready to ride home, most probably to then carry out their chores on the family farms. The only rider known in this photograph is Ivy Weston on the extreme right whose family lived at Laceys Creek, almost 10km away. It is hoped that someone may have a copy of this photograph with the names of all the children. Wishful thinking!